Christmas 2019 - Waste and recycling information
Christmas trees and festive greenery
From Thursday, 9th January real Christmas trees and greenery such as holly, ivy, mistletoe and wreaths can be put out and recycled with garden waste.
Please cut up and place your tree inside your licensed garden waste bin. Please remember that all pots and decorations need to be removed. If your garden waste bin is full, please leave your cut up tree next to your full bin for collection. Trees larger than 90cm / 3ft should be cut up into manageable pieces before putting out.
Please note there are no garden waste collections from 25th December, 2018 until 9th January 2019. Normal collection dates resume on Monday, 15th January 2019.
Over the festive season our crews will collect more of your recyclable waste
- Extra recycling can be put out in your black recycling boxes, in open cardboard boxes, clear sacks or carrier bags, but not in black bin liners. Please ensure that there is only one type of recyclable material per box/bag. (For safety, glass must be put separately inside recycling boxes.) The Council will be collecting extra recycling, as long as it is put out for collection in open cardboard boxes that are no larger than the household black boxes.
- Your kitchen caddy can be put out for weekly collections over Christmas. Additional food waste can be put in your kitchen caddy and left beside your outside food waste bin.
- Normal collection
- Wednesday, 25th December 2019
- Wednesday, 1st January 2020
- Wednesday, 8th January 2020
- Revised collection
- Friday, 27th December 2019
- Friday, 3rd January 2020
- Thursday, 9tth January 2020